Etienne Morris│Morris Consulting│802.730.4204│firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer
Client: Small, socially responsible, engineering consulting firm
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer with expertise and considerable experience with HVAC systems and controls, including HVAC design, systems optimization and analysis for energy efficiency. The successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver who excels at finding innovative solutions to problems and is an intellectually curious individual who is committed to continuous learning and staying abreast of developments in the field. This person is a strong project manager with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a skilled multi-tasker who excels at planning, organizing, and prioritizing work.
The ideal candidate is someone who has an interest in taking a leadership role in our small firm, with a path to eventual partial ownership, and someone who can provide mentorship to more junior engineers.
The Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineer is a full-time position that requires occasional fieldwork and travel within a two to three hour radius from Burlington, Vermont. Occasional overnight travel within New England and New York State may also be required. Relocation assistance may be available.
· Identify, develop, and quantify comprehensive energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS controls, boiler and chilled water plant systems in ESPC projects
· Develop and use spreadsheet and computer based energy simulation programs
· Write scopes of work for HVAC systems for subcontractors, and detailed metering and verification plans to support energy conservation measures.
· Present technical presentations to customers and at conferences
· Write detailed energy conservation measure descriptions to be included in proposal submissions, including EMS sequences of operation
· Project management of leading-edge energy projects
· Act as a senior project advisor, providing mentoring and quality assurance for a variety of projects
· Prepare and present findings in technical reports and papers
· Provide input for strategic planning
· Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems, HVAC sizing tools, chillers, boilers, air handlers, variable speed drives, motors, refrigeration, and energy optimization of HVAC systems
· Knowledge of commissioning and retrocommissioning processes
· Knowledge of measurement and verification standards and practices
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client service, including client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
· Knowledge of ASHRAE Standards, energy codes, IESNA standards, IPMVP
· Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and energy optimization of buildings
· Analyze and synthesize information from disparate sources and draw conclusions
· Manage large data sets and conducting statistical analyses
· Technical writing
· Anticipate and identify complex problems
· Find and review relevant information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Analyzing energy efficiency that results from optimization of systems and equipment
· Computer skills: MS Office; experience with eQuest/DOE2 modeling software an asset
· Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work tasks
· High level of attention to detail
· Able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good teamwork and collaboration experience
· Ability to pull together available resources to quickly create a solution for the problem at hand
· Excited by work, have ideas, offer opinions, and carry out instructions (check then do)
Required Education & Experience
· A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field. A Master's degree, Professional Engineer (P.E.) certification, and/or LEED AP certification would be an asset.
· A minimum of 6 years of commercial HVAC systems design experience; 8-10 years preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years building commissioning and/or energy efficiency experience preferred.